Thursday, September 20, 2012

Good news!

I'm not sure if I have blogged about this before, but when my family went to Africa this summer on a mission trip my dad caught Malaria. It took the doctors more than a month to figure out what he had before he could start taking the right medicine. He's finally on the right meds and is starting to feel better.

My parents are leading down a team from my church that is arriving on Saturday and will spend the week working construction at our main site in Camanchaj and staying in Pana where I live. The last couple of weeks have been hard because I didn't know if my dad was going to be able to make the trip. Then I started thinking that if my dad had to stay home then my mom would probably stay home to take care of him. My dad left the decision whether he could come or not up to the doctor and after getting some more test run yesterday he finally got the OK to come!!

So now I know for sure that BOTH of my parents and my uncle are coming on Saturday for a week! I am most excited to spend the week with them and to have them experience what it is like to be on a team. Since I am the Team Coordinator I work with all the teams that come down and I love that my parents will experience that.

Saturday I will head to Guatemala City in the morning to pick up their team. Let's just hope they don't miss their flight this time. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the team! Keep up the great work Kelly, I love reading your blog...I'm one of the many.

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete