Monday, February 27, 2012

National Polar Bear Day...

So sometimes life isn't fair. Apparently today is National Polar Bear Day and I didn't find that out until about 8:45 tonight. I can't believe I wasted an entire Polar Bear Day walking around like an idiot not knowing. In my offense I didn't know because surprisingly it isn't a huge celebrated day here in Guatemala. I hope you had a beautiful Polar Bear Day! :)

Anyways, It has also been awhile since I uploaded some cooking pictures, so here you go. It's been a crazy couple of weeks, but I finally had time to go to the market yesterday, so tonight I did some cooking. I also made zucchini stuffed chicken last night, but didn't take pictures.

These are roasted chickpeas. Heather got a recipe for them in an email a couple of weeks ago and we have been wanting to make them since. Also Ashley talked about them last week. She puts them in salads everyday. I think I needed to cook them a little longer because only about half of them are crunchy, but I like them a lot. You can find hundreds of recipes for them online.
Next I made dinner. I made sesame seed crusted chicken with sauteed carrots and cucumbers. I also found this recipe online. You soak the chicken in sesame seed oil and soy sauce before you roll it in sesame seeds and panko. Super easy and quick.
My roommate cooked chicken with mole sauce tonight, so our kitchen was wrecked after both of us cooked. Sometimes I really miss a dishwasher.

Right now Heather and I are watching The Bachelor (and when I say watching I mean we have it on mute and are making fun of it/the people who are addicted to it). My apologies if you are one of those people. I still watch Survivor, so feel free to judge me back.

I hope you all had a very beautiful Polar Bear Day! And you're welcome for the very exciting blog for today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment