Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Guatemala Youth Worship

On Sunday we had our monthly Youth Worship at the Refuge. Every month at Youth Worship we ask the youth to bring their Mission Banks filled with change. We collect the money and donate it around the world to different organizations and locations in need. We had decided to designate the November and December Mission Bank collections to go to the school I will be working at in Guatemala. We told the youth this before hand and it was cool to see them bring their filled banks to church and ask me questions about Guatemala.

We showed a slideshow from my mission trip to Guatemala and then I talked for a few minutes about why I want to go and what I'll be doing when I get there. Even though I strongly hate talking in front of people and often have to be forced into it I really loved telling the youth about Guatemala.  It felt special sitting on the stage looking at all maybe 150 of them and explaining why I feel this calling to spend some in mission in Guatemala. I also showed pictures of where I'm going to be living and working. Again... special.

Also not going to lie I really loved the moments after I talked when so many of the youth came up to me and hugged me and told me how much they are going to miss me. Sometimes when I think about moving to Guatemala I get sad thinking about how much I am going to miss the church and especially all the amazing youth we have. I always say I have the best job ever. I get to come to work everyday and just be filled with love and laughter. They really have no idea how much I am going to miss that.

I am attaching the slideshow that we showed the youth. These are pictures of my mission trip in August. Also at the end there is some video of 2 different presentations the school put on for us. This is not the school where I will be working, but I have already talked to the principle about coming to visit the kids... so adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment