Monday, January 2, 2012

Last day in Houston...

So the count down is on... Tomorrow morning we are leaving around 7:00 am to head to the airport for me to catch my 9:30 flight to Guatemala City. I am being met at the airport by Janet and Wayne who will then travel with me to Pana. Janet and I have sent many emails back and forth coming up with every scenario that could happen... What if I miss my flight? What if they miss their flight? What if the flights are delayed? What if they just never show up? I know who to call if that happens and where to go. Hopefully I won't need any of our backup plans, but since I won't have a phone or internet access at the airport it is good to know what to do in case anything happens.

Tonight we ate dinner at my parents house and had all the family come over to say goodbye. I was good until I had to say bye to my grandfather. I live in his garage apartment and see him everyday. I can't imagine not being able to just walk through the backdoor into the house to give him a hug everyday. Just one of the many things I'm going to miss very much.

Tomorrow morning my dad is leaving to go on our college mission trip, so it's up to my mom and brother to take me to the airport. I know I am going to cry again in the morning saying bye to the 3 of them, but that once I get inside the airport I'll be ok. I remember when my parents dropped me off at college I cried and they were worried about leaving me. Then when they were about 20 minutes down the road they called to check on me and I told them I couldn't talk because I was hanging out with some friends I had just met. I've learned throughout the years that this is how I work. I get really upset at first then I snap out of it when I realize I'll be ok and then I'm fine.

Hopefully I come to that realization before I get on the plane tomorrow or I'll be that idiot crying in first class (yes I am flying first class because it was the only seat left on the plane when my uncle booked my ticket... deal).

Ok... I'm off to do some last minute packing then to head to bed. Be praying that everything works out tomorrow and that I somehow make it to my house in Pana without much hassle. I'll update when I get to Guatemala as soon as I get the internet all set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment